Monday, April 7, 2008

What have I done!?! WHAT HAVE I DONE!!! (WoW)

I don't know how. I don't know why. But I have done it, finally, I have succumbed to the beast. Yes that's right ladies and gentlemen: I am playing World of Warcraft!!

Actually, I do know how. It all started with a dream. I was an undead warlock. And... that's about it. But that dream stuck with me! And it bugged me for weeks and weeks, and I couldn't stand it until I downloaded the trial and I played that undead warlock I so dreamed about.

Little did I know... how fun WoW is! And really, that is why I am playing now and probably will continue to play (remember though, I can't stay in one place long nor am I a one MMO man) for the foreseeable future.

That is the biggest reason why I have now chosen WoW over EQ2: it's simply more fun. I like how my characters move and control, I love the style and the color. I honestly never ever thought I could enjoy WoW and I must admit that I have been very judgmental about the game, without having actually tried it.
There he is, my undead warlock.
Good thing I don't have any nasal functionality left, so I can't smell this guy.Summoning my first minion.
Sadly however, my all time favourite guild the New Outriders plays alliance. And this game is just so much more fun with some reliable and friendly people, so I made a night elf to join them. (I actually have made multiple night elfs, so don't freak out if you see her hair change or something, but in the end I stuck with one)
Not unique to WoW, but still cool, is some great looking armor. Nice tentacle staff buddy! (It wiggles hehe, it's awesome)Here you can see Cownose my human mage. Aint' she somethin? I like her, but anyways, look at this outhouse! Now that is hilarious. I always wondered how these virtual characters did their business, finally we have a reasonable explanation.
Like any good MMO, WoW has castles. Lots of castles. Ok probably not as many as Dark Age of Camelot but yeah they are around.Back in the Night Elf lands, I ran into this ent guy. Looking good! I like that color.I'm not sure if I'm supposed to bathe in here, I think this waters are sacred or something. Oh well.These spiders are coool!
Just to check out their starting area, I made a troll. Needless to say, I like it!
Undead horse mount, good stuff, good stuff.A sexy blood elf doing her thing.
These imps are pretty cool. In the end the warlock class was not my cup of tea, but they have style in what they can summon.
And finally, I just love this picture of the night elf starting area. It really gives you a good impression of what the forest is like and the color.

6 comments:

Aleena said...

omg cownose! I can't believe that we both gave in and tried wow!! I wish I knew you were going to give it a shot too, I would've loved to have joined your server lol!

As it is I already ended up falling in with a pretty cool guild atm, but I will keep up with your exploits :) Your blog is always a fun read and a really good mmo review imo since you play EVERYTHING!!!!

Cow Nose the 50 Pound Cat said...

Hehe thank you so much aleena! ^^

Anonymous said...

Hey Cow Nose, it's Skul from DR : )
One night i was doing homework, and i thought, "i wonder what would come up if i did a Google search for deviant realms?" I know it want down a long time ago, so i didn't really expect anything. Turns out, your blog was the first thing listed. I was like, "Hey i know him!" so i thought i would stop by and say hi. ...so hi! :)

Cow Nose the 50 Pound Cat said...

It is interesting that this site is one of the last places you can find mention of the end of DR, and find the reasons why it ended.

Well thanks and hello to you too! :)

Anonymous said...

Oh no! Once you install the trial there's no turning back! :)

Warlocks are awesome if you give them a chance! :)

My 'lock: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Terokkar&n=Vyndrielia

Anonymous said...

D'oh...Blogger broke my link!

http://tiny.cc/ZIjE6